Corvera Airport | Luz del SolEstablished since 1999

We are the number one AIPP Approved choice for freehold property in Murcia and the Costa Calida region in Spain.

SP: +34 968 199 068
UK: +44 845 5570920

Corvera Airport

corvera 3corvera-airport

San Javier airport closure plans are delayed by Aena´s compensation demand. Aena insist on 35 million euros in return for closing the profit-making airport at San Javier. Following the claim made by the regional government of Murcia earlier this week that the agreement had at last been reached with Aena concerning the closure of San Javier airport to civilian flights, a move which would allow traffic to be diverted to the new Region of Murcia International Airport in Corvera, there has been considerable scepticism in the press. Immediately doubts were raised over the comments made by Pedro Rivera, the minister for development in the regional government. There are still reports that Aena are still demanding 35 million euros in compensation for closing San Javier, and that until this payment is guaranteed the closure plan will not be approved. The signing off of the closure proposals and the tendering of the new management contract at Corvera may not be as imminent as Pedro Rivera suggested, none of the parties involved believes that it is feasible for both San Javier and Corvera to be operative at the same time. 51% of Aena is still owned by the State, the remaining 49% of shares are privately owned.

Article from Sol Times issue: 467

NEXT/PREVIOUS:


Discover the secrets to a happy life in Spain »